Instagram

Friday, March 1, 2013

Food Friday - sweet (trolley) treats!


Okay! Since March 1st is a Friday, I figured I’d make it a Food Friday post to begin my month of blogging. Here is a mini-review of some sweet treats from Buena Vista Street!
 
 

On my recent solo trip, I wasn’t spending much on snacks, but I ducked in to Trolley Treats on my last day for something small to take with me. I like bringing a little bit of the magic home! They had all the classic Disney Parks candies (cookies, apples, chocolates) but what caught my eye as something new was the marshmallow display. I don’t know if they’ve started carrying these in the Candy Palace on Main Street as well, but I’d never seen them before. They were selling two-packs of big ‘mallows for $4.95, but behind the glass I saw some “mini” ‘mallows for a great deal – 4 for $3.49! And when I say “mini,” I mean this:
Nutmallow - "mini" indeed.
 

I was in a hurry, so I apologize for the lack of photos. But at less than a dollar per treat, what a Disney deal! I decided on Luscious Lemon, Nutmallow, S’mores, and Banana Split, and they were all quite tasty! I can’t pick a favorite. Definitely SWEET, but not too big and a nice treat, especially if you’re sharing with friends. A prepackaged cookie at Disneyland is $4, so this is a great buy if you want to try something new – and fresh, since they make these onsite.

And yes, marshmallows don’t really strike me as a treat that travels well, but these held up surprisingly well – I had two at the airport and two the next day, and they were just fine.

 
Have a tasty weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment