Instagram

Friday, March 15, 2013

Food Friday! Carthay Circle House Biscuits (at home)

Okay, so I've never been to the Carthay Circle Restaurant. Oh, how I wish one day! But everyone freakin' raves about their house biscuits (described on the menu as: Carthay Signature Fried Biscuits - Stuffed with White Cheddar, Bacon, and Jalapeno, Served with Apricot Honey Butter. $11!), and I just am impatient and wanted a taste of the magic. So while making dinner one night I figured maybe I'd throw together something similar, like a semi-homemade or ghetto-ized version of my own. I got some biscuits-in-a-can, cubed some cheese, roasted a jalapeƱo and fried some small pieces of bacon. I chopped everything up and tucked the filling inside the biscuit. They baked okay and tasted good (I ate them with some honey) but nowhere near Disney quality. I am determined to do it, though, so maybe next time I'll try a homemade (or Bisquick) dough. And maybe fry them. That's really like a fritter though, yeah? Whatever. Have a magical weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment