Instagram

Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet

Oh my goodness, there's half an hour left in the day and I still have lots to do! Oh weekend, why must you only be two days long. Sigh.

I've had such a busy Disney day! Went to Seattle to see some of Walt's original "Alice" comedies - complete with Wurlitzer accompaniment - it was so much fun, but I'll write about that another time, soon! (Probably tomorrow.)

What I want to talk about now is the Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet! <--Click to go to their page - full of awesome, helpful info.
I heard about the PNWMM in 2010 through my favorite Disney podcast Mousetalgia. They mentioned it a few times and since they were going to be there (they have since become a sponsor), I figured I'd give it a try. It was only the Mouse Meet's second year, but it was fantastic! Truly the most Disney fun I've had outside the resorts - I've attended every year since. They have cool raffles, fun presentations, and troves of information, as well as the opportunity to meet and listen to Disney Legends like Bob Gurr, Jack Lindquist, Tony Baxter, Marty Sklar, Paige O'Hara, and many more. You can buy a REAL LIFE DOLE WHIP. The theming is always so detailed and heartfelt, and the hosts are smart and funny! So many cute Disney "in" jokes are included every year. Here's their intro video from 2012 - skip to 1:25 for their Soarin' parody!

 
If you're from around here, or even if you aren't, you should consider attending - they always sell out though, and tickets have already gone on sale for this year! The date to save is Saturday, June 29th, and it's the PNWMM's 5th year! Happy Anniversary, guys! Don Morin, Beci Mahnken and the entire PNWMM gang are so nice and approachable, and the other Disney fans (and podcasters) are some of the best. I've already bought my ticket for this year and I can't wait! Hope to see you there.

from the 2012 PNWMM - me with Marty Sklar (top left) and Tony Baxter (bottom right), plus one of the supercute displays!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the AMAZING prizes! Since MouseFan Travel is a sponsor, each year they've given away some cool Disney vacations - and my sister was lucky enough in 2010 to WIN one! My favorite trip EVER. What a GREAT first Mouse Meet for us, haha!



 
I'm still saying THANK YOU, PNWMM!! See ya real soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment