Instagram

Monday, March 4, 2013

I'm Disneybounding today!


For anyone not familiar, the term “Disneybounding” means theming an outfit to a Disney character, movie, ride, land, ANYthing! Leslie from disneybound.tumblr.com is the trendsetter, and the Disneybound site has a lot of cool ideas to serve as inspiration. She posts an outfit (+accessories) and usually includes where you can purchase each item. Some are very reasonably priced, others…not so much. But the Disneybound site is really meant to inspire your own creativity, not give you a shopping list (though I admit I’ve bought a couple things via DB!). Here are a couple recent posts:
 

 

Right now we’re in the very beginning of the “March Challenge.” A Disneybound fan last year tried to DB every day in March, and the challenge has caught on! If you’re on tumblr, Pinterest or twitter you can search the tag #disneybound to see what others have come up with. Many people have picked up on the trend, but Leslie’s disneybound.tumblr.com is the original.

 
 

 

And here is my DB for today! I’m Disneybounding as Adventureland! My skirt has birds, bugs and butterflies on it, my earrings remind me of the birds’ nametags in the Enchanted Tiki Room, my bracelet is from Africa, my ring is from Thailand, and I feel very Jungle Cruise/Tiki Room/Indiana Jones today. Lovelovelove.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment