Instagram

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

These are a few of my favorite apps – Touring Plans!


The only Disney app I need is Touring Plans. I first heard about Touring Plans through their Unofficial Guide books, and through the (best) Disney podcast Mousetalgia. Yes it costs money ($6.95 I believe for a year’s DL/DCA subscription, more if you add WDW). Yes it is absolutely worth it. So much information at your fingertips!

Here’s a sample of some of the information I use most regularly. If you’re familiar with the books, however, you’ll know that they also offer…well, Touring Plans, hence the name. Their website says that their plans can save you hours in line; for me the most helpful information is the crowd calendar and wait time features. There’s even links to restaurant reviews and menus, if you’re hungry in the parks or just trying to plan your trip.



 

In my experience, I feel like the crowd predictions may have been slightly “off” in the past year or so (some days have a lower crowd prediction than it ends up being, it seems), but that’s probably because the Disneyland Resort is so very popular! All of the new additions I’m sure have an effect on crowds (UNDERSTATEMENT). However, I feel like the reported wait times you get is worth the price of the app alone – you can find out (via another user) an attraction’s wait time, or if it’s been closed, without having to make the trek yourself. Also, is it possible that Disney's posted wait times are sometimes...wrong? Their predicted wait times have proven (for me) to be more accurate.
 
For me, knowledge is power. The reason I became such a huge Disney nerd is because I was planning a trip and just…got…so…INTERESTED! I never stopped; now I try to know everything, because why not. This app helps me know (almost) everything, and I love it. Thank you, Touring Plans and The Unofficial Guide! (I would work for you guys in a second if I could. Also their website touringplans.com is pretty great, too.)

It’s especially nice if you’re stuck at home in rainy Washington, just wondering about how the parks are today. Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment