Instagram

Saturday, March 9, 2013

White Water Snacks - a love letter.


All right, here is the blog for today, and it’s really more of a love letter.


There you are. Hey, you.
I don’t know why my best friend (also Erin) and I were determined to go to White Water Snacks on our first visit (together) to the DLR, years ago. I think we had heard through the internet grapevine that it wasn’t too crowded and had tasty food, particularly the nachos. But try it we did, and it was the beginning of a romance that continues today.


please enjoy our brightly-colored eyeshadows.

Probably the only time I’ve ever EVER beaten Erin at this. Huh.
 

White Water Snacks is one of the restaurants located in the Grand Californian Hotel and Spa – it’s just down the way from the Napa Rose and Storytellers Café. It’s the smaller and least formal of the three. Some of it is self-serve, cafeteria-style eating; you get your own drinks, treats, snacks and deli-type items, then order the made-to-order items and pay at the register. They have indoor and outdoor seating, at least one electrical outlet for charging purposes (see my earlier post!), a well-priced variety of food, and a pleasant atmosphere.
 

photo from disneyfoodblog


photo from disneyexpedition.net

 

 


WWS is bliss. I don’t know anyone who has been there that doesn’t absolutely love it.
It’s quiet there. It’s a nice quiet walk through the Grand Californian, and the music is calming; a nice change of pace after the frenetic energy of the parks and Downtown Disney. The outdoor seating is near the pool, so the sound of water also contributes to the soothing atmosphere. It’s nice and cool in the summer (outdoor seating has plenty of shade), and cozy in the winter. I’ve never had trouble finding a seat.
Our favorite items on the menu include the nachos (of course!), the burger (with a grilled chili on it, YUM), and the breakfast sandwich. The food is tasty – I’ve never had anything there I didn’t enjoy, and we’ve always left full and satisfied. I never felt like I was paying too much for what I got. I have purchased more sweet iced teas there than anywhere else at the DLR. I’ve gotten some refills, too, which is probably not something I was supposed to do, but they were okay with it – at the time. I take no responsibility if you try this and get told.



HUGE breakfast sandwich – served with fruit for $6.99

I guess it’s kind of an “insider tip” to know about it, because not a lot of people do…? Not sure, but I’d recommend it to anyone! The DLR site only has a short blurb about this "family quick-service eatery” and it’s “American” fare, but to me it’s become so much more than that! This is true love. White Water Snacks, my oasis of the Disneyland Resort. Do you miss me like I miss you right now? Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. By far in my top five places to eat at the DLR! We discovered it in 2001 when Brian and I stayed at the Grand CA in August of that year. It was crispy new then... we have been back at least once a visit since then. We make sure and go even when we aren't staying at the Grand CA. Do it ... go there... eat there... but shhh don't tell anyone else.

    ReplyDelete