Instagram

Friday, March 8, 2013

Food Friday - Bengal Barbecue at home!

Blog like the wind, Erin!

So, Food Friday! Figured I'd share something parks-inspired (well, copied!) I made last weekend - the Safari Skewer from the Bengal Barbecue in Adventureland.

It always has a longish line! (worth it.)


If you're not familiar, Bengal Barbecue is a counter service restaurant (really more of a snacky type place) featuring food on skewers, cooked on the grill. I've had a chicken skewer from there before, but on my most recent trip I got the Safari Skewer, which is basically bacon-wrapped asparagus with lime. It was so good! A perfect pre-parade snack on Dapper Day.


It's not rocket science, but the prep work takes some patience. I cut the asparagus in to pieces, then cut the bacon in to long enouch pieces for wrapping. I'd wrap and skewer, wrap and skewer, until they were all gone.
I cooked these on the griddle pan, stovetop-style. I'm sure you can use whatever grilling device you have handy. You just have to watch until the bacon looks done. Squeeze some lime juice on it and you're finished.
This got rave reviews, from people who've never had the real thing. To me it tasted exactly the same! YUM. Now I'll probably never buy the Safari Skewer again, since I can so easily make it home, haha.

Have a tasty weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Imitation is the purest form of flattery! I love Bengal Bar B Que and Bacon!

    ReplyDelete