Instagram

Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Cookbooks

I want to talk about my cookbooks. I said before that I was gifted these Disney Parks cookbooks last year, and that the recipes I’ve made so far have been pretty good. I’ll try to post pictures when we make something from them, if it ends up looking pretty.


Directions are easy to follow if you’re “okay” at cooking. The blue/white book has a little blurb written about each recipe, which is cute, and the recipes are organized by park. The red one is organized by type of food (salads, pastas, meat, etc), which I think makes more sense for the home kitchen cook. Here’s the thing, though. As soon as I perused each book, I became very frustrated at the number of repeat recipes. For example, I adore the soups and salads served in the Storyteller’s Café (in fact, I try to visit Storyteller’s twice when I go to DLR so I can get both soups and salads), but I don’t need the recipes in EACH book. I mean, it’s Disney, so I expect a lot. Come on, don’t repeat recipes. I was…disappointed. I was thrilled to get them as gifts, however, and I’ve made a bunch of the recipes successfully. They’re fun to use and a neat way to bring a little Disney to your day…I’d probably just buy one, though.
ANYWAY…
Caitlin made food! If you know her, this is kind of a big deal. This one’s Chicken Asiago Pasta from the Cooking with Mickey book. It says it’s from Disney’s All Star Sports Resort. She’s made this meal a few times and it’s always tasty.



No comments:

Post a Comment