Instagram

Friday, November 4, 2011

Disney Things that are in the kitchen right now

I thought I might do something like a “Food Friday,” where I post something, y'know...food-related on Fridays…it’s pretty self-explanatory I think. So here are the Disney Things in the kitchen right now:

Wonderland Tea
They’ve been selling this at the parks for a while now – it makes a great gift, especially the smaller versions that come in tins because hey, you get a sweet tin! I got this variety pack (that's 12 boxes) from disneystore.com (I love how they’ve started selling park merchandise!) and I think it may last me forever. The Mad Tea Party Blend (of course) is my favorite of what I've tried so far - black tea, with sort of a peachy flavor on top.

Cinderella Waffle Iron

Tasty, tasty Happily Ever After

I don’t remember how I found out this existed, I just heard that it did and knew it had to be mine. In all fairness, our more traditionally-patterned waffle iron no longer worked, so we needed a new one anyway. I had heard that you could find this in stores like TJ Maxx or Ross, but after several fruitless and impatient trips I just decided to take the easy way and go eBay. It didn’t cost much more than a regular piece would, and I use it a lot!



My cookbooks! My sisters got these for me last Christmas, after our trip together. Perfect gift for me! I’ve used both; later I’ll do a more in-depth post reviewing each book and the recipes I’ve tried. Short report: what I’ve made that I’ve actually had in the parks tastes pretty accurate, and the other stuff we’ve made was pretty yummy too.

just sharing a snack with a friend

Food is a fun, inexpensive way to keep the Magic at home with you. My favorite souvenirs for people are usually edible, because most people probably: 1) don’t want to decorate their home with too much Disney kitsch, 2) appreciate something you really can't buy anywhere else, 3) aren’t really in to pins and 4) like food.

Other Disney Things in the kitchen: a few mugs (my favorite one is Mary Poppins-themed), my Little Mermaid travel cup (you know, for iced tea, like the kind they sell at Starbucks except it has a DCA logo on it), gingerbread cookie mix + Mickey cookie cutter and a postcard on the fridge I sent home in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment