Instagram

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ode to Toad

Oh, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, you are such fun. A 1955 Original, you are nostalgic and simple and silly and genuinely fun. Never change.

<3***<3***<3

So, obviously I love this ride. I think it's because Mr. Toad is a favorite of my mom's. She likes Disney, but she's not a "Disney Person," the way I am, so the fact that it's her favorite means a lot. When I asked why it was one of her favorites as a kid, she thought a minute and said, "I always liked how you went to hell. I thought the little devils were funny." So...okay.
No matter who I'm with, we always enjoy having fun and acting silly as we drive through Toad Hall, London, and No Where in Particular. The queue is beautifully detailed (I love the amphibian-themed books in Toady's library), and the special effects are pretty clever for 1955.
Mr. Toad is also a Disneyland exclusive, since the Disney World version was removed to make way for Winnie the Pooh (oh that bear! He ousted Disneyland's Country Bears, too. I can't be too mad, since he IS pretty sweet). Yes, I pretend to actually drive the vehicle - because I'm sophisticated and awesome that way.
Toad: the original Indiana Jones Adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment